Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Now in Spanish: De InDesign CS 5.5 a EPUB y Kindle

SCS55-coverI've been wanting to offer translated versions of my books for a long time, and today I'm happy to announce that “De InDesign CS 5.5 a EPUB y Kindle”, the translation into Spanish of “From InDesign CS 5.5 to EPUB and Kindle” is now available directly from my website. Like the English version, it comes with EPUB, Kindle/mobi, and PDF DRM-free files. You can also buy it from the Apple iBookstore and shortly on Amazon as well.

It has been a much longer and more difficult process than I thought; one more piece of evidence that even though these new tools let us do everything ourselves, it still takes a long time.

I have a fair bit of practice in this field. I used to run a publishing house in Barcelona and managed the translation of Macintosh-related books into Spanish.

Please note that I don't do the translation myself. Thankfully, my expert cover designer, Andreu Cabré, is also a native of Barcelona.

I'll admit that it's a bit of an experiment. Can this work? The publishing industry says that Spanish-reading ebook customers are all pirates. I don't believe it (and have the sales of my English books to Spain and Latin America to prove it), but I'll let you know. All I can say is, if it does work, I'll translate more books!

And I confess I would really love to translate my books into Catalan as well. Would you buy them if I did? Are there other languages that you'd like to see. Let me know!

Here's the Table of Contents for De InDesign CS 5.5 a EPUB y Kindle:


Tabla de Contenidos

De InDesign a ebook en 10 pasos

Planificar el libro

¿Qué se puede hacer en un ebook?

Cabeceras y texto al pie de página

Números de página

Fuentes

Tamaño de texto

Formateo adicional

Espaciado, saltos de página y viudas

Alineación

Columnas

Capitulares y versalitas

Caracteres extranjeros y demás símbolos

Imágenes

Bordes y colores de fondo

Tabla de contenidos e índice

Separación en sílabas

Enlaces

Tablas

Sonido y vídeo

Crear el libro en InDesign

Crear una plantilla

Guardar una plantilla

La importancia de los estilos

Crear una portada

Generar una portada a partir de la primera página

Imágenes y el orden de exportación

Usar objetos en línea para controlar el orden de exportación

Objetos anclados colocados a medida

Usar artículos para controlar el orden de exportación

Colocar y exportar sonido y vídeo

Crear vínculos

Crear hipervínculos

Crear referencias cruzadas

Crear notas al pie de página

Formatear notas al pie de página

Crear una tabla de contenidos navegable

Generar una tabla de contenidos

Mapear las etiquetas para la exportación

Especificar los metadatos

Exportar a EPUB

Añadir más metadatos

Generar una portada

Ordenar el contenido al exportar

Márgenes, listas y ADE

Opciones para exportar imágenes

Tamaño de imagen y alineación

Formatos de imagen

Navegar el panel Contenido

Las opciones de CSS

Usar un CSS existente

¡A punto para exportar!

Reventar un EPUB

Porqué aún hay que reventar archivos EPUB de InDesign

Problemas nuevos

¿Cómo se revienta un EPUB?

Abrir archivos EPUB en BBEdit

Convertir a Kindle/mobi

Crear EPUBs compatibles con Kindle

Texto normal

Saltos de página

Espaciado

Ceñido de texto

Bordes y color de fondo

Fuentes

Portadas

Tabla de contenidos

Indicar el lugar por donde se abre el libro

Imágenes

Convertir un EPUB para Kindle a Kindle/mobi

Usar fuentes incrustadas en iBooks

Recursos adicionales

Índice

5 comments:

  1. Well done.
    Muchas Gracias.
    I'm happy with the English version but good luck.

    Ken in Peniscola
    www.kenandglen.com/webcam1.shtm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ken :) I saw your name as I went through my database and wondered if it made sense to add you to my Spanish-speaking countries' mailing. But I figured I'd err on the side of completeness! One of these days I'm going to make it to Peñíscola... I've heard it's just beautiful.

      Delete
  2. My publisher reports having found a version in German. I hope it is an authorized translation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they mean EPUB Straight to the Point, which I know has been translated into German. If not would you please send me a link or ask your publisher to contact me?

      Delete
  3. hi:
    IS THAT PROGRAM WHAT I NEED TO AVOID CHATERS RUNNING TOGETHER, AND BREAKS, DROP CAPS, PICTURES, ETC?

    THANKS

    ReplyDelete

More of my books