Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Obama Effect?

So, I'm in this old taxi in Barcelona and on the radio they're talking football (as they're wont to do) and explaining some old feud between the two big Catalan teams: F.C. Barcelona and F.C. Espanyol... I couldn't quite get it all, but I guess it's been three years since they haven't talked to each other and one of them recently invited the management of the other to a big dinner and the other declined...

So one of the radio people says, maybe they should take the lead from Obama, and instead of going back and forth with the same petty arguments, rise above the fray, overlook their differences, and work on finding a peaceful resolution.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time the US came up in a debate on the radio in which we were looked up to as an example to follow. What a difference!

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I don't know whether to be inspired or scared!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great to hear. I'm hooked On the daily press briefings. I don't know if you can get any of them there but the they are so articulate and open.

    He's invited senators and congresspeople to the super bowl at the white house

    ReplyDelete

More of my books