Thursday, August 2, 2012

Kindle Previewer Bug

I noticed today that when I change preview devices from Kindle to Kindle Fire, Kindle Previewer shows a very strange PDF-style view of my book. Watch this video and you'll see.

Notice that I start by opening a book and viewing it with Kindle Fire. Then I switch to Kindle Touch (looks fine), to Kindle (looks fine), back to Kindle Touch (looks fine) and to Fire (looks fine). But if I go back to Kindle (still looks fine) and then jump to Fire, it shrinks the ebook and displays it at a tiny size that does not respond to font-size changes.



The solution is to open the book again. Hopefully Amazon will get this fixed soon.

5 comments:

  1. The Kindle Touch option doesn't work at all in Kindle Previewer for PC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it hasn't with the KF8 books I've been smoketesting with it.

      Delete
  2. I haven't been able to replicate this, any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curious. I'm on a Mac with Snow Leopard. It does it to me every time.

      Delete
  3. not seen that issue either and past weeks been working with Kindle Previewer daily... toggling between devices... running OSX 10.7.4 / Kindle Previewer 2.51 --Cari

    ReplyDelete

More of my books