Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm in love with my sheep

Honey comes to say hi

Well, truth be told, I'm in love with a lot of things right now: fall colors, Ashfield, gourds, alcohol inks, iChat...

But those sheep are pretty amazing. I went out to take a picture of the strangely oversized-pear shaped gourds and got distracted by the incredible fall colors all around me. As I was walking back, the sheep all looked at me, and I thought it would be fun to get a picture of them in front of that incredible tree. So I climbed the fence and they bolted away. But then I stooped down and held out my hand, and both Willow and Honey came rambling over (followed sheepishly by Fleur and Cocoa) to see what I was up to.

Their chins are so soft. I can't sew anything with silk in it because my hands are so dry that it catches in the fabric. My angora bunnies make me crazy for the same reason. These sheep, though, are heaven to touch. They are so soft to begin with, especially around their faces, and the lanolin in their wool makes me feel like I'm putting on hand cream. I love it that they come to say hello.

3 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful picture. Animals are awesome ~ I'd love to have a couple of sheep or goats on our yard. If for no other reason than to eliminate some of the lawn-mowing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawn-mowing would be cool... the fencing is complicated though. Maybe I'll try to get them to do it next year, it seems so logical!

    ReplyDelete

More of my books